Minnesota Ice Fishing - The Hot Bite is Found At Anchor Inn Resort
ICE FISHING TEXT IS COMING…
The Lodge at Anchor Inn is the heart of this legendary Minnesota resort. It’s there that guests find a warm welcome and friendly conversation. The weekly fish fry is headquartered there and the front room with panoramic views of the resort, Anchor Inn bridge, the river and lake, is the ideal spot to sit and visit any time of day. The Lodge has television and a gift shop where you can to find the perfect souvenir of your MN vacation. And Bed, Boat and Breakfast rooms above the Lodge provide comfortable accommodations for short visits or overflow guests from our cabins.
Anchor Inn Resort is located in the Chippewa National Forest and is a convenient place to base your exploration of northern Minnesota. Much of Minnesota’s rich history is closely bound to its clean, clear waters. It was the source of life and method of transportation for the Native Americans, the early explorers, the log drive and the riverboats.
Minnesota Ice Fishing Information
Ice Fishing Requirements
While on or fishing waters with size restrictions, all fish for which the size restriction applies must have their heads, tails, fins and skin intact and be measurable except when a person is preparing and using such fish for a meal.
Packed Fish Labeling
When packing fish, labels identifying the fish must include the name of the lake where the fish was caught and the size of each of the fish that are regulated under a special size limit.
Guests can launch from the Anchor Inn dock and follow the Big Fork Canoe Trail to the boundary waters or take a drive to Itasca State Park and visit the source of the Mississippi River. Outdoor enthusiasts marvel at the natural beauty of our location in the heart of the Chippewa National Forest and enjoy miles and miles of wilderness hiking trails and bike trails.
Natural, historical and entertaining area attractions provide guests with plenty of things to do and see during a stay at Anchor Inn Resort. And the resort’s central location among several towns offers easy access to dining, shopping, movies, tennis, golf, bowling, hospitals and churches.
Begin a new tradition in your family with a Minnesota family vacation at Anchor Inn Resort. Call 1-888-798-2718 or contact us today for more information!
Ice Fishing Safety Tips
- No ice should be considered safe.
- It takes at least 4 inches of clear solid ice to support a person on foot, 5 inches for a snowmobile and 8-12 inches for a small car or truck – but ice varies from place to place on the same body of water and sometimes within 10 feet!
- Check with local bait shops, resorts etc. as to the current ice conditions
- Access the lake through an area resort and try to travel on plowed ice roads.
- Consider walking or using a snowmobile or ATV, rather than a car or truck, and avoid ice travel during hours of darkness, when there’s heavy snow or fog – drive slowly at all times.
- Always let someone know where you are going and when to expect you back.
- Avoid areas where there may be flowing water or currents.
- Pressure ridges or ice heaves occur, especially on large lakes – these can be dangerous due to thin ice or an obstruction you may hit with a car, truck or snowmobile.
- Carry a cellular phone with you – call 911 for any emergency